Leicester could be missing several first-team players following a coronavirus outbreak at the club. Newcastle are continually improving under Eddie Howe and my bet is on BTTS in this fixture.
- Leicester are winless in their last 3 matches in all competitions)l
- Leicester have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last 16 Matches in all competitions
- Leicester have seen BTTS in their last 2 matches against Newscastle in the Premier League
- Newcastle have drawn 1-1 in 2 of their last 3 away Matches in the Premier League
- Newcastle have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last 7 away Matches in the Premier League
Newcastle have an advantage against Leicester in 129 meetings with 27 draws.
Leicester’s winless streak extended to three following a 3-2 Europa League loss at Napoli in European Competition. The defeat followed a 2-1 away defeat at Aston Villa.
Jonny Evans and Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall pulled the Foxes level after they trailed 2-0. A late Napoli goal then confirmed Leicester’s relegation to the Europa Conference League.
Brendan Rodgers’ side have been inconsistent in the Premier League. A 4-2 home win against strugglers Watford is their only victory in six.
Leicester Injuries & Team News
Jannik Vestergaard, Ayoze Perez, Ademola Lookman, Kelechi Iheanacho, Daniel Amartey, Vontae Daley-Campbell, Filip Benkovic are out with illness.
Defenders James Justin and Wesley Fofana and forward Ricardo Pereira are also sidelined .
Newcastle ended their 15-match winless run in all competitions with a 1-0 home win against Burnley. The Magpies moved off the bottom of the Premier League following the result.
Eddie Howe’s side were on top with 16 shots and 1.78 expected goals. Callum Wilson’s first-half goal sealed the points.
Three draws in five, including 1-1 away ties at Brighton and Crystal Palace, keeps the Magpies three points from safety.
Newcastle Injuries & Team News
Defender Ciaran Clark is in contention to start after his recent suspension.
Midfielder Ryan Fraser and defender Fabian Schar should return to the squad.
Centre-back Paul Dummett is unavailable.
Prediction: Leceister Win or Draw